If you want to know how to make awesome building projections, create 3d effects in diiferent styles, perform your architecture live, this article and video mapping tutorials will help you to do this. First what you gonna do is to find, buy, download or create special tools, video mapping content and vj video mapping software.
How to make 3d video mapping projection using Adobe After Effects?
Here is a list required things for Projection Mapping
- 1. 3d model or front image of your building
- 2. Content which you will project to
- 3. VJ Software for live operating
- 4. VJ Hardware, equipment: Video projectors, etc.
1. Use frontview of architecture facade. Import image to after effect. Choose the digital area of projection. Prepare your architectural texture: cut with mask, colorize, mix.
2. Animate image texture with simple effects in After Effects if you want. Use in and out video transitions. Use Video Mapping Loops as background for your acrhitecture. Blend your animation to the image texture with stencil luma effect. You can also use it direct in Special VJ Software without preperation in After Effects
Displace Your architecture Geometry with Video Mapping Loops:
3. Choose different animated architectural elements by one of Video Mapping Toolkit product line:
Arcs, pediments, Columns, Pilasters, Balustrades, Crenelations, Cupols, Windows and more. Correct the size and position regarding to your architecture texture. Mix elements with timing. Change position on timeline. Video Mapping Toolkit is an animated architectural elements with different animation texture styles: Polygons, Glitch, Wireframe, Lines & Strokes, Growing Plants, Water simulation and fluids and more. All in PNG Scenes wish alpha channel. Up to 60 fps. frames per second.
Video Mapping Tutorials of Projection Mapping Toolkits:
Also one more nice video mapping tutorial for projection textures which you can download at Video Mapping Store https://videomapping.store/
4. Buy one of special VJ Software: Resolume, Arkaos, Madmapper, Vusition or other to operate live and setup your projection mapping texture to the building. In our next articles we will show you the benefits of all vj software and video projectors.
Thanks for Attention and note: “Video Mapping is only a game of Light and Shadow. (C)”
Alexander Kuiava – Visual Artists and Content Producer. Founder of Austria based video production studio LIME ART GROUP
and creative content production company Nektar Digital. Trainer in online school of new media art – Frontskill